Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ohio in January

I had a three day weekend for Martin Luther King Jr. Day, so I booked a plane ticket to Ohio to see my boy.  I got in late Friday night and headed to Brandi's for the night. Saturday morning, Curtis came to pick me up early. We made breakfast and then studied and did some work for a few hours. We helped Brandi fill up her car tire and then we ordered pizza for our Saturday night date. Since I was visiting the weekend in between both of our birthdays, we celebrated and opened presents together. Then we moved the movie projector upstairs and watched Indian Jones on the big movie screen. Eventually, Curtis took me back to Brandi's for the night. Sunday, we went to church, came home, had some lunch, and took a nap. Then Sunday evening we decided to build a fire in his fireplace.


Here's a picture of Curtis blowing on the fire and then his amazing fire once he got it going.

 We celebrated our birthdays with Ice Cream in front of the fire. :) Life doesn't get much better than that. hahaha

Actually... it did get better... My flight was supposed to leave at 6:30 the next morning... well somehow we didn't calculate correctly. Turns out... I missed my flight and couldn't get out until 7 that night. So... I got a whole extra day to spend with Curtis! Although it was stressful for a little bit, it was nice to get a couple more hours together. 

1 comment:

Jenni Rollins said...

=) Awesomeness. I love blessings in disguise.