Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Curtis!

Today is Curtis's birthday, so of course he gets a dedicatory post! He has come into my life and swept me right off of my feet. Even though there are a million things I love about him, here are just a few of my favorite characteristics of his:

1. Curtis can relate anything to a song....and he always has one playing in his head! I LOVE this. I think it's so fun when he randomly bursts out singing, and it always makes me laugh.

2. The week after Curtis came to visit me at my home in NY, I received a card in the mail from him. As I opened it, I thought, "hm... I wonder what this is about." It was a Thank you card. I don't know that I have ever been more impressed with a guy than at that moment. He is so incredibly thoughtful, not just with thank you cards, but in all areas of his life. He constantly is thinking of others.

3. Curtis is a big kid at heart. The children just flock to him, and they LOVE playing with him. Around Christmas time, we went to Temple Square to see the Christmas lights with my siblings. Jennilyn, my niece,  wouldn't give a hug to anyone but Curtis and he was the only one that could get her to smile.

4. Curtis makes me laugh every single day. No matter what is going on in my life, he knows how to make me smile.

5. My ALL-TIME favorite thing about Curtis though, is that he has become my best friend. He is supportive with everything I feel I should be doing, he encourages me to be better, he is an outstanding communicator, and he believes in me when I don't believe in myself. I don't think any other person could be as patient with me as he is, or could treat me like a princess like he does. He has an amazing testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and he lives his life trying to be like him.

I am so incredibly grateful that Curtis was placed into my life at this time. He has been the greatest blessing ever. Thanks Curtis for all that you do for me. Hope you have a wonderful Birthday!!!  

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I love this post! You sound so happy and Curtis sounds like a great guy! I'm so happy for you :]

Curtis said...

You really do write the best blogs on earth. :)