Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Blogger Trouble

So I've been having all sorts of blogger trouble. I naively thought that I would be able to change my blog url and it would keep everything else exactly the same. I also just assumed that it would redirect everyone who already had my blog saved on their pages and such.... but that is not the case. I realized it the other day but didn't have any time to try to figure it out before we went to Nauvoo. (I'll post some pictures soon) Last night I decided that I would just try to keep my old url address, but blogger decided to give me error message after error message and wouldn't let me change it back. So, after two different error messages and multiple reporting of bugs today, it finally went through. Then I made a completely new blog, exported all my entries from the old address, imported to the new address, changed the template, fixed the background, added a new code to my old blog to hopefully redirect automatically to the new url, and I think I finally have it figured out. Only problem is in all of this is I have lost all blog addresses that I used to follow. So please send me your blog address so I can add you again. And hebdonfamilyadventures.blogspot.com is my new address so add that to your feeds please! Thanks!

No comments: