Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Decorating

Growing up my parents gave us Hallmark Ornaments in our Christmas stockings every year. 
I had a bunch of ornaments that needed a new home this year, so we got a live Christmas Tree!! 
 Our Christmas star. It has lights that plug into the tree lights. Thank you Grandma!











We made some ornaments for our tree too. I think these ones have to be my favorite. We made some home made modpodge and cut up some sheet music and glued it around the ornament ball.


 Rudolph is pretty cool too. I shredded brown construction paper to put inside of him.

 For this one, I used some of those rhinestone things that you fill flower vases with, 
and glued them all around it. It's super heavy, but looks pretty cool on the tree.
 Modpodge on the inside and then glitter.
 Attempt at painting on the ornament. I had planned to paint on more of them, 
but after attempting an "H", I decided I'll stick with simple this year.
Our first Gingerbread house together. Next year maybe we'll try to make gingerbread, 
but for now we'll stay with the pre-made kit.

I found this guy on Pinterest. 
Everytime I would look at it, I just laughed. 
So when Curtis was at school studying until midnight, I decided to make him. 
I still chuckle every time I look at our fridge.
I think he's staying up until May.

 And this is my last craft of the season. It's hanging above our mantle.

Merry Christmas!!!
 May we remember the real meaning of Christmas and the gift our Savior gave to us all.

7 comments:

JustonandNicole said...

Love your crafts. I want to make a wreath like that... Can you explain to me how? :)

Victoria said...

Ms.Minnie, we miss you!! Your Christmas decorations are so cute!!! The Rudolf is my favorite!!! Your fridge made giggle so hard....I wish my fridge wasn't side by side I'd Sooooo make the snowman for the boys. I hope you & Curtis have a wonderfully merry Christmas <3

N. Slade said...

Girl! Look at you Ms. Homemaker! I love the rudolf and the snowman fridge, will you come do mine?!

Chris said...

Looks like you've been having fun. I liked the ornaments and love the fridge! Cant wait to see you guys!

leigh said...

seriously im impressed!! those are all real cute. i saw the snowman on pinterest too and loved it!

Jenni Rollins said...

It's all amazing, Mindy! I love them all, and the fridge too!

Alexis Tanner Lane said...

That snowman fridge is adorable! I'm pinning that and totally doing that next year! ;-)